I am officially finished second year of my law degree and it feels amazing! The time has passed so quickly but so slowly at the same time. This post in our series is all about… More
This is the second post in our blog series – The Truth About Uni
To see the first post where I gave a bit of background to my uni, my course etc, click here – The Truth About Uni | Why I Chose Everything
So this post, as you may have gathered from the title, is about accommodation. Now, if you’re here for advice about halls, I’m gonna have to direct you to one of the other lovely ladies in this series (links will be below). This is because I live at home.
In this post, I’m just going to give some pros and cons about living at home while being a student.
I decided to stay at home because:
1) I only applied for universities in my city
2) I didn’t want to move out – to put it simply!
PROS OF STAYING AT HOME WHILE STUDYING
- It’s A LOT cheaper – no expensive rent, no council tax, TV license, water bills etc etc.
- If your friends are still at home then it’s easy to catch up with them.
- You know your city, you know what’s what and where’s where (hopefully).
- Living with your parents/family means extra support for you . It’s great to just come home and relieve some of my stress to my mum. I mean, she’s probably losing the will to live but it makes my will a bit stronger!
- It’s easier to hold down a part-time job/get one because you won’t have to put in for so much holidays to go back to your home city.
CONS OF STAYING AT HOME WHILE STUDYING
- You miss out on A LOT – halls parties, freshers events in the halls etc – obviously you can go if you want to but 1) you need someone’s hall to go to & 2) you have to be willing to get to the halls on your own and home on your own.
- It’s slightly more difficult to make friends because a lot of people make friends in the halls so you have to work a little bit extra to find your ‘clique’.
- You don’t really have to be that independent while staying at home so when I move out I’m going to have to learn how to adult a bit later than some people.
So that’s the pros and cons that I can think of when you stay at home.
I don’t regret staying at home. I didn’t and don’t feel ready to move out and I like having extra money that I wouldn’t have if I moved out. Also, none of my friends have moved away so we all still see each other quite regularly.
If you have any questions about living at home then leave a comment below or email me at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading,
Beauty and the Beast is my favourite Disney princess film so when I heard they were doing a live-action remake, I was a bit sceptical.
Belle is my favourite Disney princess so, not gonna lie, I was a bit sceptical of Emma Watson too.
However, I’ve got to say… Continue reading “Beauty and the Beast Review”
Welcome to my stop of the A Valentine Secret blog tour!
I’ve recently been working with Writerly Yours to put together a little blog tour of Emily Murdoch’s recent novella. Below is a little bit about the book and I will leave links to the author and Writerly Yours throughout . Continue reading “A Valentine Secret Review”
I’m such a film-fanatic and could easily watch film after film so thought I’d share with you some of my favourites. As I was writing this blog post, I realised that I had quite a bit to say about each film so I’ve decided to split it into 2 – hope you enjoy…and don’t forget to leave comments of some of your favourite films! Continue reading “My Top 15 Films – Part 1”
Bridget believes she has her life under control – great friends, great job and no man to worry about…or so she thought. After what she thought was just a couple of casual hook-ups, she comes to the realisation that she’s in fact pregnant. But with who’s baby? Continue reading “Bridget Jones’s Baby Review”
I’m not entirely sure how all this works but be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin to keep up to date with my latest posts! ♥
So anyone who knows me will know that I love chilling with Netflix or a box-set and I thought I’d share some of my favourites with you…because who doesn’t welcome new shows to binge on? Continue reading “My Favourite TV Shows (January)”
Hello and welcome to my new blog – The Glamour Reel
So if you have came from seeing my Twitter posts (@GlamourReel), then you will know that I recently had a blog over on Blogger. After doing some research, I have decided to give WordPress a go.
I’m still getting used to A LOT of new features and customisation so please bear with me! But I hope you will enjoy seeing my latest posts on here.
My blog will consist mainly of beauty and lifestyle, but I will also be throwing in the occasional fashion or movie review blog post. I used to do movie reviews on my older blog but I’ve decided to mix it all together and give blogging a proper go in 2017!
A new post will hopefully be coming tomorrow (no, I’m not usually this organised but this isn’t a proper blog post to me).
If you ever want leave a blog request or just a simple “hi”, then please do so in the comments or my other social media links: